Here is the list of rivers general knowledge MCQs with answer. Three to four MCQs about rivers asked in each exam so, student can read and memorize all the MCQs about GK-rivers and prepare yourself for competitive exams. All the data has been collected from authentic source and clickans.com designed according to the students need and demand.
Multiple Choice Questions Rivers General Knowledge
1. Blue Nile originates from Lake Tana of Ethiopia White Nile originates from Lake Victoria. Blue and white Nile meets at and make longest river of the world.
(c) Wad Medanis
2. The river Volga pours its water into the
(a) Black Sea
(b) Caspian Sea
(c) Baltic Sea
(d) Arabian Sea
3. A broad channel where the waters of a river and a sea mingle is called:
(a) An estuary
(c) A strait
(d) A delta
4. Which is the longest river in the world?
5. The rivers Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Beas, and Sutlej are tributaries of which river?
6. Which of the following rivers do not flow in Africa?
7. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of landscape features from source to mouth of rivers?
(a) Waterfalls, alluvival fan, flood plain
(b) Waterfalls, flood plain, alluvival fan
(c) alluvival fan, flood plain, water falls
(d) None of the above
8. The river Jhelum has its source from:
(a) Mount Kailash
9. World’s largest river in terms of the volume of its flow is____.
10. Which set of two rivers form the world’s largest delta before their waters flow into the respective sea?
11. Which of the following rivers crosses the Equator twice?
12. Which of the following rivers flowing through Pakistan has source of origin in that country itself?
(d) None of the above
13. Which river is called father of waters?
14. On the bank of which river is New York situated?
(a) River Colorado
(b) River Hudson
(c) River Mississippi
(d) River Amazon
15. Nice is the name of a____.
(d) None of these
Click here to learn Assistant director in the Directorate of labour welfare PPSC Past Paper 2019
16. River skeena flows through___.
(c) North America
(d) South America
17. Rome, the capital of Italy is located beside the river____.
18. River Darling flows through
(c) South America
19. Red river is present in
20. Which is the second longest river of Europe continent?